Pfalz D. XII
Pfalz Flugzeug-Werke was established in October 1913 to license build Morane-Saulnier monoplanes. From these,
it evolved its own series of Eindeckers fitted with synchronized machine guns. Further license work followed with L.F.G. Roland D. II biplane fighters. In May 1917, Pfalz produced its own fighter design, the 160 hp Mercedes powered D. III. In the spring of 1918, it built its best fighter, the D. XII, which competed with the Fokker D. VII in the June 1918 Aldershof fighter competition.
Although the 180 hp Mercedes powered D. XII had good qualities, it didn't get the publicity of the...